CHARLOTTE TABLE TENNIS CLUB
Last Update: August 26, 2020
Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement(“Agreement”)
Covering: Open play, League events, Coaching, Education/Training at 501 N. Tryon St., Charlotte NC
- IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in Charlotte Table Tennis Club (CTTC) activities, I and/or my minor child, our personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
- ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I and/or my minor understand the nature of Table Tennis Activities and that I and/or my minor child are qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. I further agree that if at any time I believe conditions or equipment to be unsafe, I and/or my minor child will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
- FULLY UNDERSTAND that (a) TABLE TENNIS ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS
BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS AND DEATH, EXPOSURE TOCOMMUNICABLE DISEASE INCLUDING COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2), HARASSMENT, EXPOSURE TOINAPPROPRIATE CONDUCT AND LANGUAGE (“RISKS”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by me
and/or my child’s own actions, or inaction, or the actions or inaction of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS AND SEVERE SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I and/or my minor child incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
- HEREBY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, AND ASSUME ALL
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE LOSSES, COSTS, AND/OR DAMAGES FOLLOWING SUCH INJURY, DISABILITY,
PARALYSIS, OR DEATH, EVEN IF CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW;
- HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE CHARLOTTE TABLE TENNIS CLUB,
USA TABLE TENNIS, FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH of CHARLOTTE, their respective administrators,directors, agents, officers, officials, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the“RELEASEES” herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNTCAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE“RELEASEES” OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS; AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I and/or my minor child, or anyone on my and/or my minor child’s behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releases, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may incur as the result of such claim.
IN ADDITION, I AFFIRM THAT:
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 (INCLUDING DRY COUGH, FEVER OVER 100.5 F, LOSS OF TASTE OR SENSE OF SMELL)
- I HAVE NOT KNOWINGLY BEEN IN CONTACT WITH ANYONE WHO HAS COVID-19
- I WILL ABIDE BY COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS IN THE FACILITY HOSTING CTTC
- – I CONSENT TO A TEMPERATURE CHECK UPON ENTRY
- – I WILL WEAR A MASK WHEN NOT PLAYING OR TRAINING
- – I WILL SANITIZE THE TABLE AFTER MY MATCH (SANITIZING SPRAY AND TOWELS WILL BE PROVIDED BY CTTC)
- – I WILL OBSERVE SOCIAL DISTANCING
- – NO DOUBLES GAMES
- I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN
UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANYINDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND
UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
- I COVENANT THAT USING THE CTTC QR CODE LOG-IN CONSTITUTES MY ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE TO THIS AGREEMENT.